Happy Holidays everyone!
One of the great things about owning a home during the holiday seasons is the fantastic decoration that you can use. For this time of year, that usually means Christmas lights. As an active participant in the social media world, I’m constantly seeing this question being asked: Where are the best places to see Christmas lights in Pittsburgh? Some people prefer drive-thru displays and some prefer ones with lots of activities for the kids as well. Well, our blog is here to answer all your questions! After all, we strive to be your NUMBER ONE resource for not only all things about real estate, but also about Pittsburgh!
Best Drive-Thru Light Displays:
- What: Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland
- Where: Big Butler Fairgrounds
- 1127 New Castle Road
- Prospect, PA 16052
- When: Friday, November 17, 2017 – Sunday, January 7, 2018
- M-F: Dusk – 10:00 PM
- Sat. & Sun.: Dusk – 10:00 PM +
- Rain or Shine, holidays included!
- Contact: Website OR Facebook Page
- Gather up your family and friends and drive-thru this magnificent lighting display! All proceeds from this event benefit Project Bundle-Up AND the Dollar Energy Fund, and includes a trip to the new and improved Santa’s Village! Pictures with Santa will be available until December 23. However there will be tons more fun including kid-friendly carnival-style rides like the Polar Express Train, the Elephant Ride, and the teacup ride! This is sure to be an event the whole family will love!
- What: Oglebay’s Winter Festival of Lights
- Where: Oglebay
- 465 Lodge Drive
- Wheeling, WV 26003
- When: Runs thru Monday January 1, 2017
- Contact: (877) 436-1797
- While Oglebay isn’t technically in Pittsburgh, it’s only approximately an hour away from most Pittsburgh areas! This is one you’d definitely want to see because it’s considered one of the largest displays in the country. You’ll be driving six miles and enjoying a light display across over 300-acres! Some families make this trip yearly and get surprised by new attractions and enjoy seeing familiar favorites like Snoopy and Dinosaur, according to our source. There are tons of great activities like straw mazes and wagon rides to make this a memory your kids won’t soon forget!
Best Walk-able Light Displays:
- What: Kennywood’s 2017 Holiday Lights
- Where: Kennywood Park
- 4800 Kennywood Blvd.
- West Mifflin, PA 15122
- When: Fridays, Saturdays, & Sundays
- From November 24, 2017 through December 23, 2017
- Tuesday, December 26, 2017 – Saturday December 30, 2017
- From 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Contact: 412) 461-0500 or website
- While not quite as big as the last light display, Kennywood Park still holds approximately 2 million Christmas Lights at their annual display. They do hold the claim to fame of having Pennsylvania’s tallest Christmas tree (90+ feet), which is lighted nightly. Guests can stop by a fantastic light show that is synchronized to music, OR listen to your favorite holiday carols sung by local choirs. You can stop by and see Santa, take a ride on the Gingerbread Express and so much more!
- What: Winter Flower & Light Garden: Holiday Magic
- Where: Phipps Conservatory & Botanical Gardens
- One Schenley Park
- Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3830
- When: Runs through Sunday, January 7, 2017
- From 5:00 PM – 11:00 PM
- Contact: 412-622-6914 or website
- For a unique twist on the Christmas lights display you can stop by this one! Experience real “holiday magic” with gorgeous LED lights designed around fir and pine trees, and a huge variety of gorgeous flowers – even 2,000 poinsettias! Everything will truly feel magical because there will also be huge ornaments, toys, and so much more! But this isn’t the only holiday event that Phipps has to offer! Check out their website for even more events like the Garden Railroad, Family Fun Days, and Santa Visits from December 16 – December 23!
- What: Fun For All’s Holiday Lights Mini-Golf Festival
- Where: Fun For All
- 8 Progress Avenue
- Cranberry Township, PA 16066
- When: Tuesday, November 17, 2017 – January 2, 2017
- From 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- Contact: Tiffany at 724-779-1800
- If the previous events haven’t gotten you in the holiday spirit yet, this one is sure to get the whole family in it! Have a fantastic time playing mini-golf while enjoying different animated themed holiday lights (country, western, penguin and more) according to visitpittsburgh.com. There are even two different light tunnels that you can walk to and a twenty-foot Christmas tree! Even better, 10% of each ticket benefits the Caring Place!
We hope this blog has served as a helpful guide to where the best holiday lights are in the greater Pittsburgh area during the 2017 Holiday Season. Of course you can even get your holiday lights fix just by driving through Pittsburgh’s gorgeous neighborhoods! Whichever option you choose, we hope you have a fantastic holiday and enjoy as many holiday lights displays as possible!
Want to change your address to a Pittsburgh one?
Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about Pittsburgh, moving here, or some of the areas in and around Pittsburgh. Also, we’d be happy to assist you in your search for a home in the greater Pittsburgh area! Call or text me at 724-288-8800 or call the office directly at 724-941-8680 and we’d be happy to assist!
Until Next Time,